Sunday, February 8, 2009

How To Choose Your Cat

CAHS shelters a lot of animals. If you're looking to adopt a cat, how do you choose which one to take home?

JoAnn Fastoff explains how she chose her cat, "G."
"About five years ago, I accompanied a friend to the Animal Welfare League at 6224 S. Wabash Avenue because my friend was adamant about adopting a dog. Unfortunately, she ended up not finding one she liked.

I, on the other hand, had wandered through the cat section of the place when I was suddenly grabbed by the sleeve by a cat that called my name from his cage. I honestly tried to ignore him but he was insistent in getting my attention. He got it. For reasons I will never be able to explain this cat somehow ended up driving me home (that’s what I told my husband) and sharing my family’s living space for the next five years."
The next time you visit CAHS, wear baggy clothing. Let the cat choose you.

No comments:

Post a Comment